from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having renown; famous. See Synonyms at noted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Famous, celebrated, or well-known.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Famous; celebrated for great achievements, for distinguished qualities, or for grandeur; eminent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having renown; famous; celebrated.
- Synonyms Celebrated, Illustrious, etc. (see famous), famed, far-famed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. widely known and esteemed
Sorry, no etymologies found.