from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or suggestive of Satan or evil.
- adj. Profoundly cruel or evil; fiendish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of Satanic (of, pertaining to or resembling Satan).
- adj. Evil, fiendish, devilish or diabolical.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Satanism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Satan; having the qualities of Satan; resembling Satan; extremely malicious or wicked; devilish; infernal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Satan; devilish; extremely malicious or wicked; infernal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to Satan
- adj. extremely evil or cruel; expressive of cruelty or befitting hell
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It also singles out Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Jordan for what it calls satanic alliances with the United States and Israeli.
He said the drawn circle with an "x" through it - which he called a satanic symbol - also was new to him.
Thinking about publicly divulging your earlier dabblings in satanic rituals?
He has publicly proclaimed that they are made of green cheese and sold to terrorists, and that you, the widget-maker, engage regularly in satanic orgies involving pythons, whipped cream and the blood of ferrets.
She was granted restraining orders for her stalker who is a mental patient who boasts her involvement in satanic rituals.
Some Democratic party leaders from Durham, North Carolina were allegedly involved in "satanic rituals" and were charged with assault and rape.
Fits identified as satanic possession had broken out among adolescent girls at earlier times in New England.
A ban on "occult goods" ( "Materials, goods or paraphernalia for use in satanic, sacrificial, or related practices") seems similarly troublesome.
But it ` s definitely being tied as a sort of quasi-religious or even satanic -- the word satanic has also been used ritual connected to Halloween night.
Groups of this kind are frequently called satanic cults, and they are easily recognizable.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.