from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To break or separate into pieces; to disintegrate or come apart.
- v. To end a relationship.
- v. To dissolve; to part.
- v. Of a school, to close for the holidays at the end of term.
- v. Of a telephone conversation, to cease to be understandable because of a bad connection.
- v. To break or separate into pieces.
- v. To stop a fight; to separate people who are fighting.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.