from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to emotion: an emotional illness; emotional crises.
- adj. Readily affected with or stirred by emotion: an emotional person who often weeps.
- adj. Arousing or intended to arouse the emotions: an emotional appeal.
- adj. Marked by or exhibiting emotion: an emotional farewell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the emotions.
- adj. Characterised by emotion.
- adj. Determined by emotion rather than reason.
- adj. Appealing to or arousing emotion.
- adj. Easily affected by emotion.
- adj. Readily displaying emotion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or characterized by, emotion; excitable; easily moved; sensational.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of emotion.
- Characterized by emotion; attended by or producing emotion; subject to emotion: as, an emotional poem; an emotional temperament.
- Employing appeal to the emotions; aiming at the production of emotion as an object: as, an emotional orator or harangue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to emotion
- adj. determined or actuated by emotion rather than reason
- adj. of more than usual emotion
- adj. (of persons) excessively affected by emotion
emotion + -al (Wiktionary)