from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To secure with rope, string, etc.
- v. To occupy, detain, keep busy, or delay.
- v. To complete, finish, or resolve.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. invest so as to make unavailable for other purposes
- v. restrain from moving or operating normally
- v. secure with or as if with ropes
- v. secure in or as if in a berth or dock
- v. finish the last row
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.