from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A buffoon or jester who entertains by jokes, antics, and tricks in a circus, play, or other presentation.
- n. One who jokes and plays tricks.
- n. A coarse, rude, vulgar person; a boor.
- n. A peasant; a rustic.
- intransitive v. To behave like a buffoon or jester.
- intransitive v. To perform as a buffoon or jester.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A performance artist often associated with a circus and typically characterised by bright, oversized clothing, a red nose, face paint, and a brightly colored wig and who performs slapstick.
- n. A person who acts in a silly fashion.
- v. To act in a silly fashion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man of coarse nature and manners; an awkward fellow; an ill-bred person; a boor.
- n. One who works upon the soil; a rustic; a churl.
- n. The fool or buffoon in a play, circus, etc.
- intransitive v. To act as a clown; -- with it.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To act or behave as a clown; play the clown.
- n. A man of rustic or coarse manners; a person without refinement; a lout; a boor; a churl.
- n. A husbandman; a peasant; a rustic.
- n. A professional or habitual jester; a merryman or buffoon, as in a pantomime, circus, or other place of entertainment, and formerly in the households of the great.
- n. Synonyms See jester and zany.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. act as or like a clown
- n. a person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior
- n. a rude or vulgar fool
Whether this makes him a clown is a matter of interpretation.
Yes | No | Report from chrisgluv wrote 21 weeks 1 day ago yeess the clown is awesome nice pictures
This clown is an embarrassment to this country. will
Boy! obozo the clown is the best thing to happen to Republicans in years.
November 13th, 2009 4: 17 pm ET this clown is the lamest individual to hold public office ... seebofubar
If this clown is a "living example of Christ", He would leave the state without a formal chain of command to bed a mistress.
That Mass traded in Kennedy for this clown is a sad testament to where our nation is headed.
Being a clown is a dear asset to Faux News Network in general, and chairman Ailes in particular.
Yes | No | Report from chrisgluv wrote 23 weeks 7 hours ago yeess the clown is awesome nice pictures
This clown is anything but a rising star in the GOP.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.