from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Used other than as an idiom: see put, on.
- v. To don (clothing, equipment, or the like).
- v. To fool, kid, deceive.
- v. To assume, adopt or affect; to behave in a particular way as a pretence.
- v. To play (a recording).
- v. To initiate cooking or warming, especially on a stovetop.
- v. To perform for an audience.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. adopted in order to deceive
- v. carry out (performances)
- v. add to the odometer
- v. put on the stove or ready for cooking
- v. apply to a surface
- v. fool or hoax
- v. add to something existing
- v. prepare and supply with the necessary equipment for execution or performance
- v. put clothing on one's body
- v. increase (one's body weight)
Sorry, no etymologies found.