from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a South American Indian people of Paraguay, northern Argentina, and southern Brazil.
- n. The Tupi-Guaranian language of this people.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the language spoken by the Guarani of Paraguay and Bolivia
- n. a member of the South American people living in Paraguay and Bolivia
- n. the basic unit of money in Paraguay; equal to 100 centimos
Spanish guaraní, of South American Indian origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)