American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A member of a South American Indian people of Paraguay, northern Argentina, and southern Brazil.
- n. The Tupi-Guaranian language of this people.
- n. the language spoken by the Guarani of Paraguay and Bolivia
- n. a member of the South American people living in Paraguay and Bolivia
- n. the basic unit of money in Paraguay; equal to 100 centimos
- Spanish guaraní, of South American Indian origin. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“* Ñanderu, in Guarani, means Our Father; Great Spirit, the Creator.”
“Mr Portillo will be playing polkas and "Guaranias" (the Guarani were the indigenous people of Paraguay) and I'd do anything to be there - anything except miss what could be a game-changing debate.”
“A spokesman for Guarani, which is controlled by the French sugar group Tereos, said the company did not comment on market rumors when asked about a possible merger with Petrobras, which would not comment prior on the subject of the conference.”
“It’s called Guarani and it’s impossible to pronounce.”
“Many years ago, I was taken to meet the Guarani shamans of the Amazon.”
“One of the names an Amazonian Guarani Indian elder gave me was He Who Catches the Songs because my heart has been able to catch more than a few sacred tunes.”
“In Asunción, the capital city of Paraguay, the president of the Guarani drove me to a ceremony where, in the beginning, no one said a word.”
“I was named He Who Catches the Songs by the Guarani shamans.”
“The Guarani Indians of South America teach that a sacred song not only awakens your heart, it provides a channel for what they call the word souls to be carried and delivered to the community.”
“The Guarani Indians of the Lower Amazon Basin in Paraguay have a similar belief about the sacred use of words and talk.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Guarani’.
It's an odd-looking pattern in English. Please add words if it makes you happy. :) K-POW! Wow @gulyasrobi!
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for Guarani.