from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The tenth letter of the modern English alphabet.
- n. Any of the speech sounds represented by the letter j.
- n. The tenth in a series.
- n. Something shaped like the letter J.
- n. The hypothetical traditional source of those portions of the Pentateuch in which God is referred to with the Tetragrammaton rather than as Elohim.
- Electricity The symbol for current density.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The tenth letter of the basic modern Latin alphabet.
- n. palatal approximant
- n. one
- n. The tenth letter of the English alphabet, called jay and written in the Latin script.
- n. A term for a marijuana cigarette ('joint').
- n. An alternative version of i, the positive square root of -1; used in the context of electronics.
- n. The second unit vector, after i
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- J is the tenth letter of the English alphabet. It is a later variant form of the Roman letter I, used to express a consonantal sound, that is, originally, the sound of English y in yet. The forms J and I have, until a recent time, been classed together, and they have been used interchangeably.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An abbreviation
- of the Latin judex, judge;
- of Jupiter;
- of Justice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 10th letter of the Roman alphabet
- n. a unit of electrical energy equal to the work done when a current of one ampere passes through a resistance of one ohm for one second
For a more detailed explanation, look at an x-y plane, with vectors i and j (+i = east, - i = west, +j = north, - j = south):
I used the following shell one-liner: for i in *; do for j in $i/*; do cd $j; tar xf *. tar.gz; cd ..
In one of my scripts, I take input in the following manner for i in $ (seq $r) do for j in $ (seq $c) do read - p "a [$i] [$j] =" a$i$j done done this code declares separate variables each time it enters the inner for loop.
ToString (); for (int j = 0; j < = count; j++) rbtlist.
What may sound like 'of' is the weak form of háve and so this or apostrophes should be written instead: woùld have, shoùld've, cān't have, mîght've etc. - * óv óf goôf cf. plural âgeing cf. sing sínging -- j - singe síngeing. *âking âcheing mâking snooker, drama cûeing = line cf. singe síngeing - j -- sing sínging thíng often mispronounced 'Beizhing':
NEF for i in *. tiff; do j = ` echo $i | sed - e 's / tiff / jpg / g '`; convert $i $j; done No Trackbacks
ReadValues (Index, N); for (int i = 0; i < N; i++) for (int j = 0; j < N, j++)
Original Poster read a b c d e for (i in $a $b $c $d $e) do for (j in $a $b $c $d $e) do if test $i - lt $j
C++ Syntax (Toggle Plain Text) for (j = 2; j < = i/2; j++) for (j = 2; j < = i/2; j++)
Then two sons of the principal mourner, in - j _j | ..,
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.