from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A net or lace with a simple pattern of squares.
- n. Variant of fillet.
- v. Variant of fillet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A narrow strip of ribbon, material or meat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In decorative art, a thin line forming part of a design or ornamenting an edge or the like; a fillet: as, a filet in gold in bookbinding; a filet of ruby luster on a majolica vase. See fillet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. decorate with a lace of geometric designs
- n. a boneless steak cut from the tenderloin of beef
- n. a longitudinal slice or boned side of a fish
- n. lace having a square mesh
- v. cut into filets
French, from Old French, diminutive of fil, thread, from Latin fīlum; see file1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)