from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Worthless nonsense; drivel.
- n. A general feeling of discomfort, dissatisfaction, or depression: "Monday morning Oscar woke up with the blahs” ( New Yorker).
- adj. Dull and uninteresting.
- adj. Low in spirit or health; down: sat around all day feeling blah.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Nonsense; drivel; idle, meaningless talk.
- n. (in plural, the blahs) A general or ambiguous feeling of discomfort, dissatisfaction, uneasiness, boredom, mild depression, etc.
- adj. Dull; uninteresting; insipid.
- adj. Low in spirit or health; down.
- interj. An expression of mild frustration.
- interj. Imitative of idle, meaningless talk; used sometimes in a slightly derogatory manner to mock or downplay another's words, or to show disinterest in a diatribe, rant, instructions, unsolicited advice, parenting, etc. Also used when recalling and retelling another's words, as a substitute for the portions of the speech deemed irrelevant.
- interj. Representing the sound of vomiting. See bleah, bleh.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pompous or pretentious talk or writing
I know I'm lame, but we've been painting the house, etc..blah blah So, picked up a premade cake and asked if they'd pipe, "YOU'RE 8!" on it.
Under this government wallpaper supplies have risen ten fold..blah blah.
Even so, I still like WordPress much much better..blah blah blah
More lies and drivel…..blah, blah, blah…the same old crap.
Bushs fault…..blah blah blah……sunburn on the beach?
Israel has over-reached……blah blah blah……the failure of american schools is all Bushs fault…..blah blah blah…….health care?
He asked how I was and what I was doing and Blah blah blah
Let those who cast the first stone, etc..blah, blah, blah...
Palolim was still full of tourist, bars, restaurant and every 5 meters some local kid or seller would jump at you trying to pull you into his shop: «Come very cheap price, only have a look, .... blah blah».
My brother trying to comfort me * blah blah blah*.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.